Do the busy mornings now that school is back in session have you searching for a quick and easy breakfast option? The Local Moms Network food contributor, Kathleen Ashmore has a recipe for Oatmeal Raisin Breakfast Cookies that is a perfect choice! They’re filled with fiber and protein-rich almond flour and free of added sugars. Plus, you can make them on a Sunday for a grab-and-go breakfast all week long.
Makes 14-16 cookies
1 cup almond flour
1 1⁄4 cups old fashioned oats
1⁄2 teaspoon Kosher salt
1⁄2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
1⁄2 cup unsweetened shredded coconut 2⁄3 cup raisins, golden or regular
1 large egg, room temperature
1⁄2 cup coconut oil, room temperature 3⁄4 cup coconut sugar (or raw, or brown) 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a large bowl, using a stand or handheld mixer, cream together the coconut oil and sugar for 3-5 minutes until light and fluffy.
- Add the egg and vanilla and mix for another 30 seconds to incorporate.
- In a medium sized bowl, whisk together the almond flour, salt, cinnamon, and baking soda.
- Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and mix briefly to incorporate.
- Using a rubber spatula or wooden spoon, fold in the oats, coconut, and raisins until combined. Scoop 1 1⁄2 Tablespoon sized cookies onto two baking sheets, leaving a couple of inches between them.
- Bake for 11-14 minutes until golden around the edges and soft in the center. Do not overbake as they will continue to cook as they cool.
- Allow the cookies to rest on the baking sheet for 20 minutes before transferring to a cooling rack to cool completely.